- Jean-Luc Nancy à BRAKC – Un trop humain virus (2020) – Discussion
17 December 2020
Roundtable discussion with French philosopher Jean-Luc Nancy about his latest book and the coronavirus pandemic. With Irving Goh (NUS, Singapore), Ian James (Cambridge, UK), Rémi Astruc (Université de Cergy-Pontoise, France) and Nathalie Wourm (Birkbeck, UK).
- “The Scattered Community of the Eclipsed”: Paradigms of Belonging in the Wake of the 2020 Pandemic
17 June 2020
Roundtable discussion around a short film – with Irving Goh (NUS, Singapore), Ian James (Cambridge, UK), Élodie Laugt (St Andrews, UK), Fabienne Martin (CNRS, France), Cory Stockwell (Bilkent, Turkey), Nathalie Wourm (Birkbeck, UK), Damian Catani (Birkbeck, UK).
- Podcasts of the BRAKC symposium
Sanity, Madness and the Family / Family Life: an urgent retrospective
24 April 2015
1pm – 9pm
Featuring Jacqui Dillon, Robbie Duschinsky, Suman Fernando, Amber Jacobs, Oliver James, Lucy Johnstone, Chris Oakley, Lynne Segal, Anthony Stadlen.
- Podcast of Digital Communities: Literature and the Internet in France by Dr. Nina Parish (University of Bath), 31 January 2011.
- Podcasts of Animal-Human Kinship and Community in French Literature
Featuring Andrew Billing, Macalester College, St Paul, Minnesota, “Political Anthropology and its Animal Other in Rousseau” and Shirley Jordan, Queen Mary College, University of London, “Hospitality and the Animal World in Marie NDiaye”
Friday 5 July 2013
- Videocast of Ron Peck and Paul Hallam, directors of 1978 British film classic “Nighthawks“, in conversation with Dr Andrew Asibong and audience, 25 January 2013, Birkbeck Cinema.
- Podcast of BRAKC Poetry Reading & Discussion
Acclaimed Welsh poet Samantha Wynne-Rhydderch reads from her brand new collection of poems, Banjo (Picador) and anwers questions about the art of writing on the themes of kinship and community.
13 June 2012
- Videocasts of An afternoon of performances by Pierre Alferi, Jérôme Game, Nathalie Quintane, 9 March 2012, Birkbeck Cinema.
- Podcast of Liberté, Egalité et Homoparenté by Kim Everett (University of Greenwich), 26 October 2011. In English.
- Podcast of The Philosophy of Humanitarian Intervention by Professor Cécile Fabre (Lincoln College, Oxford), 17 October 2011.
- Podcasts of the BRAKC International Conference of 2011, Visions of the ‘Coming Community’/Visions de « la Communauté qui Vient », 30 June and 1 July 2011. Rémi Astruc, Jeremy Biles, Jérôme Game, Jean-Frédéric Hennuy, Jane Hiddleston, Abdoulaye Imorou, Morgane Leray, Nikolaj Lubecker, Laura McMahon. For titles, see the programme in Conferences.
- Podcast of Reading the Queer Will by Dr. Daniel Monk (Birkbeck), 23 June 2011.